In just a few weeks, say goodbye to those bright, neon and darling pastel nail polish hues, and welcome the newest collections debuting for fall! I have to say, I’m very impressed by the collections this season. There’s everything from metallics and glitter-infused polishes to solid lacquers in the season’s hottest colors, like green, burgundy, and blue. There are 5 collections in particular that have nailed their way right to the beauty junkie portion of my heart.
1. Essie Stylenomics ($8): These classic fall hues are inspired by the economy. Names like “Recessionista”, “Stylenomics” and “Skirting the Issue” prove it. My fave? The deep, forrest green. Check out the collection on Essie.com in September.
2. OPI Germany ($8.50): This fall, OPI took inspiration from Berlin Fashion Week. The 12-polish collection embraces neutrals, jewel tones, and mustard and ketchup hues reminiscent of those good old fashioned pretzels. Delish! These lacquers are available only in salons.
3. butter LONDON Fall/Winter 2012 ($14) You can always count on butter London for darling, shimmering hues. Taking inspiration from the texture on the fall runways, shop metallics and modern earth tones for trendy fingertips. Available at butterLondon.com.
4. Zoya 2012 NYFW Designer Collection ($8): This collection was inspired by everything New York Fashion Week. Two of the shades are based off of colors Zoya did for Peter Som’s and Mohapatra’s shows. Strut! Available at Zoya.com.
5. MAC Styleseeker Collection ($16): Influenced by the global wanderer, these colors definitely portray adventure, curiosity, and glam–I love the purple and orange hues. Although double the price of the collections above, I think it’s reasonable to splurge on one nail polish a season. Available at maccosmetics.com.
Which collection is your favorite?